Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Summerhill Stitchery

I've been unemployed now, outside the home, for going onto 2 years. It's amazing how stressful unemployment can be.  I can honestly say, however, if another hospital called me and asked me to work for them, I'd not only decline the offer....  I'd RUN!  I can hear that scene now from Monty Python's Search for the Holy Grail....

"Run away! Run away!"

Anyway, as I was sitting in my rocking chair, crocheting a baby blanket for a former co-worker, the rusty gears in my brain started grinding away.  The thought that they generated was, "I wonder if I could sell hand crafted, crochet items?"  At that moment, a "new job" for me was born - Summerhill Stitchery!

There is a precedent for Summerhill Stitchery.  Way back in the late 1970's, early 1980's I used to crochet items such as Christmas ornaments, wedding favors, and other stuff to sell at craft fairs in and around Baltimore. Back then, my lace snowflakes were always a big hit as were my lacy neck scarves.  So, to keep me occupied and to, hopefully, bring in some extra cash, I am once again 'hooking away', making lacy scarves, afghans, dish cloths and other hand crafted crochet items.  All items are made by me with materials that are "Made in the USA".  I once again feel productive.

In addition to the Zibbet Store, I've a Summerhill Stitchery page on Facebook.

If you feel so inclined, please visit Summerhill Stitchery!

No comments: