Tuesday, October 13, 2009

What a Weekend!

My Lord, what a weekend we just had at the Valencia Valley KC shows! It was a weekend that some only dream about. To start, as of 10/13, I'm released from doctor's care and I can go back to work. So, since I am soon to be released, I attended the dog show in which I had the pups, Nampa, Banner, and Glory entered, as well as their dam, Abbey Lou. We had built a major in greyhound bitches and I would be damned if I was going to break it. (Breaking majors is a pet peeve of mine.)

On Saturday, I arrived in plenty of time and had made arrangements for people to help me with the hounds, as I believed I'd be unable to show them. I went to the super's desk to change Banner & Glory's class, which was only possible because of a recent rule change. I thought I'd change their class and then stay around to hold dogs & watch. However, the super informed me that if I took them out of Bred By, I'd have to physically leave the show grounds. So.... I took them in myself.

To make a long story short, we cleaned up. Banner went WD on both days (no points) but on Saturday, he crossed over for Best of Winners and got three points. Glory went WB both days for two, 3 point majors, and Nampa went Best of Breed both days. In addition, on Sunday, Abbey went Reserve to her daughter! What a weekend!

No comments: