Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Me? A Housewife? What???

Back at the end of April, through a series of circumstances, I lost my job at the hospital. Now, in this day & age, many would look at that as a tragedy, something to worry over. Not me! In truth, I believe the hospital did me a favor!

In the past month, I've been looking for work. But on those days where there are no interviews, I've been cleaning my house. Not just dusting, mopping & vacuuming, but really cleaning the house. I've been going through the closets, discarding clothing that hasn't been worn by either Rob or myself in years. I've been going through the basement, discarding all kinds of stuff. So, far, Goodwill has received something like 11 bags of stuff! Anyway, during this process, I've come across things that were long forgotten: dog ribbons & awards, old Christmas ornaments from when I was a child, etc. It's been an interesting experience. Every day, I'm finding something else that brings back a fond memory. In truth, I think I am preparing for retirement.

Prior to becoming unemployed, I made the decision that I was going to retire in no more than 6 years. The goal was to retire anytime between 2013 and 2016, depending upon sale of house, dogs, health, and disposition of all belongings. My goal is to retire into an RV and to travel. I want to travel the world and see all those places about which I've only read: Montana, Alaska, Oregon... I think I want to return to my "roots", but instead of a sailboat - a land yacht!

So, being offered for sale at some point in time in 3- 6 years will be a 2 story house, with a basement, on 2.5 acres of land in New Mexico with a 75' x 40', fenced dog yard with 12'x28' dog house! If you are a dog person and have ever thought about moving to NM... your chance is coming....



No comments: