Saturday, June 12, 2010

Yesterday...

We all deal with the loss of a loved one in different ways. I dealt with the loss of my parents, aunts, etc. and also with the loss of much loved pets. However, I've been having a great deal of difficulty dealing with losing Jib. Ever since her death, I've not wanted to do anything with the dogs. My heart just isn't in it. However, I believe I am on the road to recovery.

Yesterday, there was a NOTRA racing event being held in Colorado Springs by a new NOTRA club - Rocky Mountain Borzoi. After much nagging by my friend, Leonore (Borzoi Oxota), I packed up the necessaries and headed north with 3 greyhounds to support them.  I am so very happy that I did.  Everyone there was warm & welcoming.  And, it didn't hurt that with a total entry of 8 greyhounds (my 3 and 5 NGA bred dogs) our Banner was High Scoring greyhound for the day, winning all three of his races.  I must say, he won them in style!

Go Banner!

Elaine

PS - Many thanks to Leonore for the loan of her racing blankets!  I really do need to make some.

No comments: