Tuesday, September 10, 2013

A New Friend...

I made a new friend today, Santa Fe Deputy Sheriff Stephen Orr.  What a nice man!

He stopped by the house last week one day, while I was out. He left his card with the short note, "Please call!"   Come to find out, he needed to deliver some correspondence regarding Alberta "C.C." Hockett aka Alberta "C.C." Evans of Canyon, TX, who owes me a large sum of money from a judgment against her for breech of contract with regard to a dog, Ch DM Dots N' Dashes, I loaned to her son, a junior handler at that time.

Anyway, Deputy Orr finally caught up with me today, when I met him at the Dairy Queen in Edgewood.  What a nice man!  We instantly hit it off and probably chatted about all things hither, thither, and yon for the next 20-30 minutes. I left him with the promise that the next time we go prairie dog hunting, I will call him and let him know.  I really hope he's able to come along with us. However, realistically, between his schedule, Rob's schedule, my schedule, and anyone else's schedule, it may be difficult for all of us to be in the same place at the same time.  But I can hope!

In addition to the prairie dog hunting, he's interested in possibly joining up with Rob and the NM MILSURPS (NM Military Surplus Shooters) for their Sunday shoots.

Did I happen to mention, I really like this man!

I'm honored to call the Deputy, this fine man, my friend.


No comments: