Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Never Forget...

2,977 victims of which 2,753 were in the Twin Towers in NYC....  Gordon Aammoth Jr...  The first of the names to be read in New York.

2nd Jet Striking the World Trade Center on 9-1-1
It's been twelve years...  twelve years since the Twin Towers fell in a heinous, terrorist attack, an attack that had been compared to the sneak attack by the Japanese on Pearl Harbor on Dec 7, 1941, another day that lives in infamy.

It seems like not a day has gone. The pain and anger is fresh. Perhaps some have forgotten, but not all. The friends and relatives, who lost love ones, have not forgotten and neither have I.  I'll never forget seeing my elderly mom crying, saying, "It's Pearl Harbor all over again."  That was the day I comforted my mom, rather than my mom comforting me.  It changed the relationship between us forever up until the day she died.

I'll never forget desperately trying to get my brother on the phone to check on the kids, my niece & nephew, and keeping those efforts away from my elderly mom - their grandmother.  You see, they were both in New York at that time.  Hours later, my brother was finally reached and he let me know that "the kids are fine... they are safe."  I thanked God many times that day for that small miracle.

One of the USS Joseph Hewes family, Capt Robert Edward Dolan, was lost that day at 9:37 a.m. when American Airlines Flight 77 hit the Pentagon. Our hearts are with his family on this day, as they are with all the families.

This was a horrible and terrible day.

God bless everyone on this day of remembrance. May we all reflect on what is truly important - our families and friends.  Never forget...



No comments: